Sweden Government invites interested candidates to apply for Swedish Institute Scholarships 2023.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals provides candidates with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to advance professionally as well as academically.
Furthermore, this foreign fellowship program is one of the best in Europe and gives a platform for individuals to discover the country on a variety of levels, including cultural, academic, and practical.
This Swedish Government Scholarship is a significant step in achieving and contributing to the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The Sweden Government Scholarships 2023-2024 are open to international students from 42 countries.
The scholarship is however funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as they offer the Master’s Degree Programs.
Deadline: The last day for students to apply to be part of the scholarship is 28 February 2023.
Eligible Country of Citizenship
You must be a citizen of one of the eligible countries. However, you do not need to reside in the country at the time of the application. If your country of citizenship is not listed below, we suggest that you look for other scholarship opportunities.
Citizens of the following countries are eligible to apply to the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals:
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.*
Applicants have to fulfill the following criteria to apply for Swedish Institute Scholarships 2023 by Sweden Government:
- International Students from above listed countries are eligible to apply.
- You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of work experience.
- Applicants must have leadership experience from job or society.
- Check more Eligibility Criteria (Click Here)
Financial Benefits + What you get as a scholarship recipient:
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 11,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Travel Grant. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For scholars from Bangladesh, Bolivia; Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia or Zimbabwe – the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period.
- For scholars from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine, the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 11,000 for the entire study period.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Professionals (NFGP) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development.
The scholarship does not cover the below:
- Provide additional grants for family members.
- Cover the application fee to University Admissions.
- Allow changes to the study programme. We are only able to support you through the awarded master’s programme.
- Allow extensions or changes to the awarded scholarship period.
These are documents required while applying for Swedish Institute Scholarships Online:
- Letter of Motivation
- Updated Resume (CV)
- Reference Letters
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of your valid passport
List of Available Study Fields:
Almost all study areas are offered under this scholarship for Masters Degree Program. Complete list of degree programs is given below:
- Natural Science
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Social Science and Behavioral Science
- Veterinary Medicine and Nursing
- Arts, Design and Media
- Business Administration and Economics
- Education/Educational Sciences/Didactics
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, and Fishery
- Health and Medical Care
- Law and Legal Studies
- Materials, Construction, and Manufacturing
- Religious Studies
- Social Work and Welfare
- Journalism, Communication, and Information
How to apply for Swedish Institute Scholarships?
The Swedish Institute Scholarships include a Step-by-Step Application Process. Apply first to a Swedish university, and then to the Swedish Institute Scholarship. The guideline and advertisement links are provided below:
- First of all Applicants have to take admission in Masters Degree Program before 16th January 2023.
- Once the students have submitted their admission application, they will get an Application Number. Remember this number, because you have to provide this number while applying for Scholarship.
- The scholarship application portal will open from 10th February and will close on 28th February 2023.