HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 for Pakistani students: Applications are presently open to provide students with the opportunity to study in the United Kingdom; however, the scholarship is fully funded.
The fully-funded Commonwealth Scholarship Program 2023 for Pakistani Students. Applicants from all around Pakistan/AJK can apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship in UK to study in UK offering Masters and PHD programs.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides the UK government’s Commonwealth scholarship scheme led by international development objectives. Since 1960, the CSC has funded over 30,000 individuals to study in the UK and gain skills, acquire knowledge and build networks to tackle global development challenges.
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships are available for almost all academic fields and majors to pursue Postgraduate Degree Programs. The scholarship will pay for all of your study abroad costs.
Commonwealth Scholarship is Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The Duration of the Master Scholarship will be for 1 Year & For PhD Duration will be for 3 Years.
Deadline: The CSC portal is open for applications up till October 18, 2022. Also See This: Fully Funded: University of Tokyo ADB Scholarship 2023 in Japan
HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 is a Full Free Scholarship that will bear all the expenses to study in UK. Details is Given below:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award.
- Approved Tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,236 per month, or £1,516 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2021-2022 levels)
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
- Paid mid-term visit (airfare) to your home country (unless you have claimed or (intend to claim) spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarships, or have received a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork).
Programs Offered by HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2023:
HEC Commonwealth Masters and Ph.D scholarships are available to applicants from low- and middle-income Commonwealth nations who wish to pursue full-time master’s and doctoral (Ph.D.) degrees at UK universities. The following six themes are covered by these scholarships:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
In addition to the CSC requirements listed below, you must be eligible under HEC in order to apply for these scholarships:
- Be a Pakistani/AJ&K national and permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K. Dual nationals are not eligible.
- For Master scholarship, an applicant must hold a first-class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (16 years Bachelors/master’s degree) in the relevant field of study by closing date of HEC application portal.
- For PhD scholarship, an applicant must hold a first-class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (17/18 years Masters/MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study by closing date of HEC application portal.
- Candidate must not have Second/Third division in the terminal/last degree. Result awaiting candidates are also not eligible to apply.
- All applicants are required to provide HAT test score. Applicant must have obtained a minimum score of 60 out of 100 in HAT test. Those applicants who have taken HAT test on or after January 01, 2022 may upload the test result on HEC portal for consideration.
- Without providing minimum HAT test score (60 out of 100), applications will not be considered for further process. Those interested applicants who are yet to take HAT test, may register for the same by visiting https://etc.hec.gov.pk/. ETC is accepting applications for HAT test till October 11, 2022.
CSC Eligibility Criteria in addition to HEC criteria:
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2023
- The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Provide full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
- Provide references from at least two individuals.
For Ph.D. candidates only:
- NOT be registered for a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., at a UK university or in your home country before September/October 2023
- Provide a supporting statement from a proposed supervisor in the UK from at least one of the institutions named on your application form.
Kindly visit below mentioned links for further details on eligibility criteria & terms of award:
- For Master: Click here to read information for a Master’s Scholarship
- For PhD: Click here to read information for a PhD Scholarship
How to Apply for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship?
The Applying Procedure is Long & Detailed information you can found on the Given links below. Also, Check Official Advertisement on HEC Website. You Cannot apply Directly without HEC.
Step 1: (Commonwealth Online Application)
- Apply online to Commonwealth (CW) Scholarship for Master & Doctoral studies (PhD) through their Electronic Application System (EAS) at:
Step 2: (HEC Online application)
- Apply online at HEC website: https://scholarships.hec.gov.pk/. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in left hand side panel of the online portal.
- While submitting an online application at HEC website, do attach scan copy of deposit slip of Rs. 800/- (non-refundable) deposited in HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Sector H-9, Islamabad for HEC Aptitude Test (HAT) to be conducted by Education Testing Council (ETC). All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility available across HBL branches in Pakistan.
Before applying, kindly update your HEC eportal profile with latest email/cell number & updated information.